How do I fix Silverlight on Windows 10?
Troubleshooting Microsoft Silverlight
- Scroll down to the “Resolution” section and select the “Microsoft Fix It” button.
- Save this file to your computer and run it.
- Press “Next” on the window and the program will scan for any issues and automatically remove the broken copy of Silverlight.
Does Silverlight update require a reboot?
You do not have to restart your computer to complete this installation.
Do I still need Microsoft Silverlight?
Microsoft Silverlight will reach the end of support on October 12, 2021. Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11, with support for Internet Explorer 10 ending on January 31, 2020.
Which version of Silverlight do I have installed?
Open Chrome, type about:plugins in address bar, you can see the Silverlight plug-in version. 6. You can also find Silverlight version by opening add or remove programs in Windows XP or Programs and Features in Windows 7/8 and select ‘Microsoft Silverlight’ to view the version.
Do I need Microsoft Silverlight 2021?
Do I need Microsoft Silverlight 2020?
Silverlight is a web framework, similar to Adobe Flash, that once enabled rich media content in your browser. Years ago, these plugins were necessary on a lot of websites. But now they’re deprecated and no longer useful.
Will Silverlight work with Windows 10?
Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11, with support for Internet Explorer 10 ending on January 31, 2020. There is no longer support for Chrome, Firefox, or any browser using the Mac operating system.
How do you test if Microsoft Silverlight is working?
You can test that Silverlight is working correctly by visiting Microsoft’s Silverlight Project Test Page.
How do I know if I have Silverlight on my computer?
How do I check if Silverlight is installed?
- Press windows key + R together on your keyboard and type in “control appwiz.cpl” and click ok.
- Check if you have Microsoft Silverlight appearing in the list.
- If its not listed then you need to install Silverlight from the link below and follow the steps from the link.
Do we still need Silverlight?
What happens on a Silverlight version update?
Silverlight asks for your permission to update by showing you a prompt when updates are found. Because a prompt is required, updates cannot be installed automatically, so the Install updates automatically option is disabled.
How to uninstall Silverlight?
How to uninstall Silverlight. Follow the steps below to uninstall Silverlight in Windows and/or Macintosh. Windows. Quit all open internet browsers. Click on the Start button. Select Control Panel. Select Programs & Features. Locate and click on Microsoft Silverlight, then click Uninstall.
How do you uninstall Silverlight?
– Quit all open internet browsers. – Click on the Start button. – Select Control Panel. – Select Programs & Features. – Locate and click on Microsoft Silverlight, then click Uninstall. – Your PC will notify you when the uninstall process is complete.
Can you still download Microsoft Silverlight?
The microsoft.com/silverlight website will still be available. However, the Silverlight installer will no longer be available after the end of support date of October 12, 2021. What is the recommended technology/development framework for customers who want to migrate applications from Silverlight?