Is MXL a good brand?
Conclusion. The MXL 990 is a fine balance of quality and affordability. It receives generally favorable reviews from professional and hobbyist users alike, and in no way sounds worse than any similarly-priced mics in its range.
What is the best quality mic in the world?
The 6 Best Dynamic Microphones of ALL-TIME
- Shure SM57. Long hailed as the “World’s Most Versatile Mic“…
- Shure SM58. Among the top vocal mics on the planet…
- Shure SM7B. The Shure SM7B is designed for one thing…
- Electrovoice RE20. In the world of broadcasting…
- Sennheiser MD421 II. Ask any audio professional…
- Sennheiser MD 441U.
What is the best studio microphone in the world?
Best Studio Microphones For Recording Vocals
- Neumann TLM 102. The Neumann TLM 102 is definitely one of the best studio microphones under $1,000.
- Rode NT1. We highlighted the Rode NT1 as the best condenser mic under $300.
- Shure SM7B.
- Rode NTK.
- Rode NTR.
- Mojave Audio MA-201.
What is a MXL microphone?
MXL microphones is the professional audio division of Marshall Electronics, founded by Leonard Marshall in 1980. A MXL mic offers great value for podcasters looking for an attractive, high-quality mic at an affordable price.
Can you daisy chain USB microphones?
These microphones have a daisy chain compatibility which means that you can connect them to each other, check images for better understanding. Simply connect the USB microphone to your PC, and connect 1 microphone to left and 2 to the right and you will be able to capture every word in stereo quality.
Does the MXL 990 need a pop filter?
About MXL 990 Complete Bundle balanced XLR cable. This Shockmount is designed for the MXL 770 and 990 microphone (sold separately). It can be used to eliminate vibrations and prevent vocal plosives during recording applications. It protects the mic from corrosive moisture and features Built-In Metal Pop Filter.
Is it OK to connect XLR cables together?
It’s fine to join mic cables together, but it can place strain on the XLR connectors that could see them come unplugged! Knotting the cables as illustrated here should prevent problems.