What is Santoku Linux?
Santoku is a bootable linux distribution focused on mobile forensics, analysis, and security. It comes with pre-installed platform SDKs, drivers and utilities and allows auto detection and setup of new connected mobile devices.
How to install Santoku in VMWare?
Installation: Step 1: Open your Virtual Box and then press on the new button. Step 2: Write the name which you prefer for the virtual machine and select it to Debian-based 64bit Linux architecture. Step 3: Allot the size of RAM memory you want to allocate to the Virtual Machine of Santoku Linux.
What is AFLogical OSE?
AFLogical OSE Background AFLogical OSE was released in December 2011 and is now hosted on GitHub. The app provides a basic framework for extracting data from Android devices using Content Providers and then saves the data to the SD Card of the device including: Contacts. Call Logs. SMS.
How install VMware tools parrot OS?
How to install Parrot OS on VMware
- Step 1 – Download & install VMware Workstation. Once you have downloaded VMware from the official website, go to the folder where you downloaded it, and open a terminal.
- Step 2 – Create a new Virtual Machine.
- Step 3 – Install Parrot on your Virtual Machine.
How do you extract data from a cell phone?
To perform cell phone data extraction, a cell phone is connected to one of the lab computers and the data is copied to a hard drive. The type of data extracted depends on the particular case but usually involves a complete copy of all contained historical data on the phone and any external memory data.
What is the latest version of VMware tools?
VMware Tools 11.1. 5 supports the following guest operating systems:
- VMware Tools 11.1. 5 depends on and ships Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. While preparing the system for VMware Tools 11.1.
- Windows OS level prerequisites. Windows Server 2019. Windows Server 2016.
How do I get VMware tools in Linux?
To install VMware Tools in a Linux guest operating system using Compiler:
- Ensure that your Linux virtual machine is powered on.
- If you are running a GUI interface, open a command shell.
- Right Click VM in the virtual machine menu, then click Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools.
- Click OK.
- To create a mount point, run:
What is a forensic search on a phone?
A subset of digital forensics, mobile forensics involves the retrieval of data from a mobile device, typically a cell phone or tablet, but potentially a smartwatch, camera, GPS device, or drone.
What can police extract from phones?
Mobile phone extraction allows the police to access and download all of the data stored on your mobile phone. For most people, this will include the most private information they store anywhere, including their contacts, messages, web browsing history and banking information.