What is Scroll Lock key on laptop?
When the Scroll Lock mode was on, the arrow keys would scroll the contents of a text window instead of moving the cursor. In this usage, Scroll Lock is a toggling lock key like Num Lock or Caps Lock, which have a state that persists after the key is released.
How do you unlock scrolling in Excel on a laptop?
The fastest way to turn off Screen Lock in Excel is this:
- Click the Windows button and start typing “on-screen keyboard” in the search box.
- Click the On-Screen Keyboard app to run it.
- The virtual keyboard will show up, and you click the ScrLk key to remove Scroll Lock.
How do I turn off Scroll Lock on my HP laptop?
On my new company HP Elitebook, I found you have to press ‘FN Lock’ & ‘FN’ & ‘C’ together to turn the scroll lock on and off. Unfortunately trial and error was the only way to solve this. Just use Fn + C (no need for Fn lock). That’ll toggle it.
How do you get out of Scroll Lock in Excel?
Turn off Scroll Lock
- Press the Scroll Lock key (Scroll Lock or ScrLk) on your keyboard. Done.
- Click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard > Use the On-Screen Keyboard (or press the Windows logo key + CTRL + O).
- Click the ScrLk button.
- Right click the status bar to display or to hide the Scroll Lock status.
Which key is the Scroll Lock?
Scroll Lock is a toggling lock key on the keyboard, just like the CAPS LOCK key. Once pressed, Scroll Lock is enabled. To turn it off, simply press the Scroll Lock key again.
Where is Fn key on HP laptop?
Locate the Function (Fn) key on your keyboard. The most likely location for this key is at the left bottom side next to the Ctrl key. The letters “Fn” will probably be shaded a different color than the rest of the keyboard, a common color being blue.
Why is Excel not scrolling?
Reason 1: Frozen panes might prevent you to scroll If yes, try to unfreeze them. Therefore, go to View and click on Freeze Panes and then on Unfreeze Panes (if the button says “Freeze Panes” like in the screenshot above it means that this is not the reason and you should proceed to potential reason number 2 below).
How do you unfreeze the arrow keys in Excel?
To use the arrow keys to move between cells, you must turn SCROLL LOCK off. To do that, press the Scroll Lock key (labeled as ScrLk) on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn’t include this key, you can turn off SCROLL LOCK by using the On-Screen Keyboard.
Why scroll is not working in laptop?
Switch to the Touchpad tab (or Device settings if the tab is absent) and click on the Settings button. This will open the Properties window. Expand the MultiFinger Gestures section, then make sure the box next to Two-Finger Scrolling is checked. If the box is empty, simply click on it to enable it.
How do you turn off Scroll Lock on your laptop?
Right click any blank place on the screen in the Windows 8,and click the Personalize from the context menu.
How to turn off the scroll lock in my laptop?
– Click Start then type On-Screen Keyboard – Click the On-Screen Keyboard from the search result – When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.
How do you remove Scroll Lock on laptop?
Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu or bring you to the Start screen.
How do you turn off Scroll Lock?
– Click the Windows button and start typing “on-screen keyboard” in the search box. – Click the On-Screen Keyboard app to run it. – The virtual keyboard will show up, and you click the ScrLk key to remove Scroll Lock.