What are the duties of a doctor registered with the GMC?
The duties of a doctor registered with the General Medical Council
- Make the care of your patient your first concern.
- Provide a good standard of practice and care. Keep your professional knowledge and skills up to date. Recognise and work within the limits of your competence.
What are the GMC guidelines?
Ethical guidance for doctors
- Good medical practice (1) Start here with Good medical practice – our core guidance for all registered doctors.
- Confidentiality (7)
- Maintaining professionalism (7)
- Children and young people (2)
- Prescribing (1)
- Decision making and consent (3)
- Care at the end of life (2)
- Leadership and management (8)
What makes a good doctor GMC?
Good doctors make the care of their patients their first concern: they are competent, keep their knowledge and skills up to date, establish and maintain good relationships with patients and colleagues,1 are honest and trustworthy, and act with integrity and within the law.
What is the goal of medical ethics?
Medical ethics involves examining a specific problem, usually a clinical case, and using values, facts, and logic to decide what the best course of action should be. Some ethical problems are fairly straightforward, such as determining right from wrong.
Are medical ethics same everywhere?
Medical ethics has a long history, from the days of Hippocrates to the present. The concept of ethics is very dynamic and the same ethical principles are not necessarily followed everywhere around the world.
What are the ABC’s of healthcare ethics?
Medical ethics encompasses beneficence, autonomy, and justice as they relate to conflicts such as euthanasia, patient confidentiality, informed consent, and conflicts of interest in healthcare.
What is the purpose of GMC?
We work to protect patient safety and support medical education and practice across the UK. We do this by working with doctors, employers, educators, patients and other key stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare systems.
What is meant by medical ethics?
Medical ethics is concerned with the obligations of the doctors and the hospital to the patient along with other health professionals and society. The health profession has a set of ethics, applicable to different groups of health professionals and health-care institutions.