What is Word of God?
1. Word of God – a manifestation of the mind and will of God. manifestation – a clear appearance; “a manifestation of great emotion” 2. Word of God – the sacred writings of the Christian religions; “he went to carry the Word to the heathen”
Why is the Bible referred to as the Word of God?
The Bible can be said to be the word of God because of the following reasons. The human authors/writes were under the influence of the Holy Spirit. The Bible deals with God’s revelations to human beings and their responses. The Bible contains the true message of God for our daily living.
Is God God or Jesus?
The earliest Christians maintained that Jesus was a human being who was made God – a god – a divine being. Later they ended up saying that Jesus was born to the union of God and a mortal because the Holy Spirit came upon Mary and that’s how she conceived Jesus, so Jesus literally had God as his father.
What does it mean the word of God is alive and active?
It is a Living Word, a word vibrant with life, a word that carries the power of life, and the power of transformation, a persistent word – a word that is active in us until our very spirit and soul, joints and marrow are divided or parted; that is, until death.
What are the benefits of reading the word of God?
- You Become a Warrior. Reading the bible daily, makes you a warrior for yourself, your marriage, and your family.
- You receive peace.
- You get wiser.
- You model something for your kids.
- You become soft and strong as a woman.
- You become a confidante of God.
- You become a better listener.
- God becomes real.
Which Bible is the true word of God?
Why is the Bible the Word of God?
Yet, I do not believe the Holy Bible is the infallible word of God. The Holy Bible is a collection of Christian texts that is the result of refinement by men who thought they were led by God to discern his teachings. The early Christian world was diverse and everyone had a different take on the Gospel of Jesus.
Is the Bible the direct word of God?
The Roman Catholic Church holds the Bible as inspired by God, but does not view God as the direct author of the Bible, in the sense that he does not put a ‘ready-made’ book in the mind of the inspired person.
What is the sin against Holy Spirit?
The unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy includes ridicule and attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to the devil.