How do you put toggles on a cardigan?
Insert the needle up from the underside of the jacket fabric and pull it through until the knot stops the thread. Stitch the toggle in place by taking four or five small stitches over the base of the toggle. End the stitching with the needle on the underside of the fabric and tie a knot. Clip off the excess thread.
What are frog closures made of?
Frog closures can be constructed from a variety of different materials including cording or custom-made fabric tubing.
What does going frogging mean?
A lot of us, who are keen on frogs, often say to one another, “We’re going frogging”. Those who have never heard of the word give us the strangest of looks. “You’re going what?!” In short, ‘frogging’ basically means to go in search of frogs (I doubt it’s in the dictionary).
How do you close cardigan without buttons?
- Velcro. Sewing Velcro is often my first preference when I am looking for alternatives to buttons.
- Kam Snaps. I only started using these recently but I LOVE them!
- Sew on Press Studs (Snaps) These have been around forever!
- Snap tape. This is a tape made from twill with the snaps already attached.
- Hook and Eyes.
How do you make a toggle button closure?
- Place the cord from left to right to the sling.
- Another loop comes over and under the first loop.
- Overlay a third loop and braid through the other two loops as shown. While weaving loosen the loops.
- Tighten the loops evenly into a ball. When using slippery material, secure with hand stitches.
Why are Chinese buttons called frogs?
These are ornamental braiding that functions as a closure to garments. The “frog” combines a loop and a button. These closures are decorative as well as functional. When a garment uses many frogs, more than are actually needed to close the garment, it is called frogging.
Why is it called Phrogging?
Phrogging — pronounced “frogging” — is the act of a person secretly living in another person’s home. The term is thought to have originated from the metaphorical idea of people or “phrogs” leaping from home to home. The typical phrogger is someone with nowhere else to live.
What does it mean to frog someone?
It means to punch someone hard, quickly and sharply, with the middle knuckle of your hand extended, in a way that imitates the sudden flash of a frog’s tongue.
What are frog buttons?
A frog fastener, also known as Chinese frog closures or pankou knots (simplified Chinese: 盘扣; traditional Chinese: 盤扣; pinyin: pánkòu) is an ornamental braiding, consisting of a button and a loop, for fastening the garment without an overlap.