What are the advantages and disadvantages of field research?
Field research/Primary research
|Only firm that collects data has access to it||Expensive to collect|
|Collected for a specific purpose||Time consuming|
What are some limitations in a research study?
Common Methodological Limitations
- Issues with sample and selection.
- Insufficient sample size for statistical measurement.
- Lack of previous research studies on the topic.
- Limited access to data.
- Time constraints.
- Conflicts arising from cultural bias and other personal issues.
How do you use research skills in your everyday life?
Examples of research skills
- Report writing.
- Data collection.
- Analysis of information from different sources.
- Finding information off the internet.
- Critical thinking.
- Planning and scheduling.
- Critical analysis.
Where do limitations go in research?
Information about the limitations of your study are generally placed either at the beginning of the discussion section of your paper so the reader knows and understands the limitations before reading the rest of your analysis of the findings, or, the limitations are outlined at the conclusion of the discussion section …
How do you write limitations in future research?
Describe each limitation in detailed but concise terms; Explain why each limitation exists; Provide the reasons why each limitation could not be overcome using the method(s) chosen to gather the data [cite to other studies that had similar problems when possible];
What recommendations do you have for future research?
Suggestions for Future Research
- Building upon findings of your research. These may relate to findings of your study that you did not anticipate.
- Addressing limitations of your research.
- Constructing the same research in a new context, location and/or culture.
- Re-assessing and expanding theory, framework or model you have addressed in your research.
How can research be beneficial?
Research can find answers to things that are unknown, filling gaps in knowledge and changing the way that healthcare professionals work. Some of the common aims for conducting research studies are to: Diagnose diseases and health problems. Improve the quality of life for people living with illness.
What are the ethical issues in conducting research?
ETHICAL ISSUES IN RESEARCH
- Study design and ethics approval. According to COPE, “good research should be well adjusted, well-planned, appropriately designed, and ethically approved.
- Data analysis. It is the responsibility of the researcher to analyse the data appropriately.
- Conflicts of interest.
- Redundant publication and plagiarism.