Where do page numbers start in a report?
Place all page numbers in the top right corner in the header. Though the APA Style rules ask for page numbering to start on the title page, a common academic convention is to include the title page in the total page count but start the numbering on page two.
Do you number the table of contents?
Matter preceding the table of contents is generally not listed there. However, all pages except the outside cover are counted, and the table of contents is often numbered with a lowercase Roman numeral page number.
How do I insert a list of abbreviations in Word?
How to Create an Abbreviation List in Microsoft Word
- Open your Microsoft Word document and scan through each page for abbreviations you want to incorporate into a list.
- Press “Shift-Alt-X,” or switch to the “References” tab of the Microsoft Word ribbon and click on the “Index” section’s “Mark Entry” item, to create an index entry based on your text selection.
Why can’t I update table of contents in Word?
Word does not automatically update the Table of Contents as you type, but if you make changes to your document and need to update the Table, you can do this quickly by selecting/highlighting your Table of Contents, and then going to the “References” tab on the menu and clicking the “Update Table” button next to “Table …
How do I manually create a table of contents in Word 2013?
To insert a table of contents:
- Insert a blank page at the top of your document.
- Select the References tab on the ribbon.
- In the Table of Contents group, click the Table of Contents button:
- The first two Automatic Table options will use your headings to create the table of contents.
How do I not put page numbers in table of contents?
- Position your cursor within the document where you want the TOC to be.
- Click the References tab.
- In the Table of Contents group, click Table of Contents, and choose Custom Table of Contents from the dropdown.
- To add the annotations to the TOC, click Options.
- Uncheck the Show page numbers option (Figure D).
What is list of illustrations in a report?
A List of Illustrations, which may appear at the front of a book, gives a list of photographs, drawings, tables, or other types of illustrations used to support the contents of the book.
How do I create a list of illustrations in Word?
Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures. Click References > Insert Table of Figures. You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
How do you insert table of contents in Word 2010?
Place your cursor where you want your table of contents to be. On the References Ribbon, in the Table of Contents Group, click on the arrow next to the Table of Contents icon, and select Insert Table of Contents….
Where are list of illustrations included in a report?
The List of illustrations will come after the Contents page (on a separate page) and before the Introduction. This page should list the name of each figure of illustration that is included in the body of your dissertation or thesis and then give the number of the page that it appears on.