What are the four longest words in the English language?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
What’s a gaol?
jail, jailhouse, gaol, clink, slammer, poky, pokey(verb) a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
What words are aesthetic?
Which is the hardest word to pronounce in English?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What does bombastic mean?
: marked by or given to speech or writing that is given exaggerated importance by artificial or empty means : marked by or given to bombast : pompous, overblown.
Which language has the most beautiful words?
Here’s our list of the most beautiful words from other languages with no (direct) English translations:
- Forelsket (Norwegian)
- Kilig (Tagalog)
- Commuovere (Italian)
- Depaysement (French)
- Duende (Spanish)
- Hiraeth (Welsh)
- Mamihlapinatapei (Yagan)
- Toska (Russian)
How do you pronounce gaol?
Both pairs—“gaol, gaoler” and “jail, jailer”—are pronounced the same way, which leads to this question: why do the British have a “gaol” spelling if the word is pronounced “jail”?
How do you say bombastic words?
Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of ‘bombastic’:
- Break ‘bombastic’ down into sounds: [BOM] + [BAST] + [IK] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying ‘bombastic’ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.