How do I change the top and bottom margins in Word?
Changing Page Margins
- Make sure the Layout tab of the ribbon (or Page Layout tab in older versions of Word) is displayed.
- Click the Margins tool in the Page Setup group.
- Click Custom Margins.
- Adjust the top, bottom, left, and right margins as desired.
- Make sure the Apply To drop-down list is set to Whole Document.
- Click on OK.
How do you show the margins in a table in Word?
Click the “Layout” table under “Table Tools”. In the “Table” section of the “Layout” tab, click “View Gridlines”. The gridlines now display on the table. To turn off the gridlines for the table, simply select the table and click “View Gridlines” again.
How do I remove table gridlines in Word 2010?
Click anywhere in the table. Activate the Layout tab of the ribbon (under Table Tools). Click View Gridlines in the Table group on the left hand side to toggle gridlines on/off.
What is cell margin?
The cell margin is the distance between the cell border and the cell contents and is specified for all four sides of a cell (or table cell in the displayed HTML). The cell spacing is the distance between the cells and is specified for the entire sheet (or table in the displayed HTML).
How do I remove margins in Word?
- Open the Microsoft Word program to display a blank document window.
- Click the “Page Layout” tab on the ribbon to show the groups of commands, including Page Setup.
- Click the “Margins” button in the Page Setup group to display a list of options for margin settings.
Where is format borders and shading in Word 2013?
Apply Paragraph Shading and Borders
- Select the paragraph text you want to format.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click the Borders and Shading button arrow, and then click Borders and Shading.
- Click the Borders tab.
- Click to select the type of Setting you want for your border.
- Click to select the type of Style.
How do I change cell spacing?
Follow these steps:
- Select the entire table. (You can choose Select Table from the Table menu.)
- Choose Cell Height and Width from the Table menu. This displays the Cell Height and Width dialog box.
- Make sure the Column tab is selected.
- Adjust the Space Between Columns setting, as desired.
- Click on OK.
How do I get borders in Word?
- Click Home tab.
- Move to Paragraph group.
- Find out the Border and Shading button, and click the down arrow next to it.
- Choose the Border and Shading option, or specify the different border style.
How do you hide borders in Word?
Remove individual borders
- Click in any cell to show the Table Design tab.
- On the Table Design tab, in the Line Style box, click No Border.
- Click the borders you want to erase.
- When you’re done, on the Table Design tab, click Border Painter to change the paintbrush back to a cursor.
How do I change the bottom margin of a merged cell in Word?
Change the margins in a cell
- Select the cells you want to change.
- Right-click the table, and then click Format Table.
- In the Format Table dialog box, click the Cell Properties tab.
- Under Text Box Margins, enter the margins you want.
How do I change the left and right paragraph margins in Word?
Move the mouse pointer over the Left Indent icon on the Ruler (the top icon), hold down the left mouse button, and drag (move) the mouse to the right to adjust the left paragraph margin.
How do I change cell margins in Excel?
Adjusting Cell Margins for More White Space
- Select the cell you want to adjust.
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the small icon at the bottom-right of the Alignment group.
- Make sure the Alignment tab is displayed.
- Using the Horizontal drop-down list, choose Center.
- Using the Vertical drop-down list, choose Center.
- Click on OK.
How do you fix margins?
Change or set page margins On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Margins. Click the margin type that you want. For the most common margin width, click Normal. Note: When you click the margin type that you want, your entire document automatically changes to the margin type that you have selected.
What are cell margins useful for?
It controls the space between cells, which is not the same as the space between a cell’s edge and its content. This distinction is shown in Figure 1. Figure 1 Both cell spacing and margins contribute to the apparent distance between table cells.
How do you fix margins in Word?
What to do when you get margin placement errors in Word
- Press [Ctrl][G].
- In the Go To What box, scroll to and select Section.
- In the Enter Section Number box, enter the section number given in the error message, press [Enter], and click Close.
- Go to File | Page Setup.
- On the Margins tab, click OK.
- Click Fix.
- Click OK.