What do you say to someone that is running?
What to Say to Someone Running a Marathon
- Look for the name on their bib and yell “Go NAME” – we love hearing our name.
- Keep going, you got this.
- You’re looking strong.
- I’m proud of you!
- This is what you trained for.
- Head up, shoulders back, stay strong.
- You’re over halfway!
What should you yell to encourage runners?
- “You’ve got this!”
- “Great pace!”
- “We’re proud of you!”
- “You made it to the top of the hill! Way to go!”
- “You’re doing it!” (As opposed to you can do it)
How do you wish someone a good run?
“Have a good run” is perfectly appropriate for wishing someone do well while running. I guess if confusion was a real concern, you could say “run well!”
How do you cheer on a marathoner?
Marathon runners thrive on encouragement. There’s a right way to cheer them on — and a wrong way
- Understand encouragement.
- Say their name.
- Respect that the walkers are walking for a reason.
- ‘Almost there!
- Remove the word ‘only’ from your vocabulary.
- Know exactly where you are, and celebrate it.
- Keep the course clear.
What are some fitness quotes?
Make fitness a habit. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryin.
What do you wish for a runner?
Meaningful encouragement Phrases like, “You look strong,” “You have prepared for this,” “Keep digging deep,” and “You are inspiring” remind the runner how hard they have worked, and are currently working, to be where they are.